Reviewer: Monika Roychowdhury, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 29 March 2013, last major update March 2013
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- Rare immune-mediated systemic vasculitis that often presents with mucous membrane ulceration and ocular problems (Wikipedia)
- May cause abdominal symptoms, disorientation, genital ulcers, headache, joint swelling and pain, ophthalmic inflammation, oral ulcers, stroke, tender skin nodules
- Prolific endothelial proliferation causes vascular occlusion
- Based on clinical symptoms and exclusion of other diseases and conditions
- No cure, treatment directed at controlling symptoms
Vulvar and vaginal ulcers
End of Vulva > Non-neoplastic disorders > Behcet's disease
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected]
with any questions (click here for other