Reviewer: Adriana Handra-Luca, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 8 February 2013, last major update October 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● EBV related, nonkeratinized tumor with syncytial sheets of undifferentiated cells with minimal cytoplasm, prominent nucleoli, numerous mitoses and lymphocytes
● Similar to nasopharyngeal tumor, but very rare in trachea
● 22 year old man with dyspnea on exertion
(Surg Today 2007;37:584)
● 27 year old woman with EBV+ tumor (Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2007;13:191)
● Young woman treated with surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy (Indian J Cancer 2002;39:112)
● Resection, radiotherapy
End of Trachea > Tumors > Lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).