Cite this page: Calcifying nodules. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://pathologyoutlines.com/topic/testisretecalcnodules.html. Accessed September 25th, 2017.
Definition / general
- Also called nodular proliferation of calcifying connective tissue
- May represent dystrophic changes; no clinical significance
- References: Hum Pathol 1989;20:58
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Nodular sessile or pedunculated protrusions into the rete testis channels, consisting of connective tissue covered by a flattened epithelium, with variable fibroblasts, fibrin like material and small to large calcium deposits
- No inflammatory infiltrates