Cite this page: Meconium periorchitis. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://pathologyoutlines.com/topic/testismeconiumperi.html. Accessed April 23rd, 2017.
Definition / General
- Due to meconium peritonitis in fetal life (Hum Pathol 1986;17:807)
- Meconium leaks from perforated viscus into peritoneum, through a patent processus vaginalis into scrotum
- Patients present with testicular mass during infancy
- Patients may have cystic fibrosis
- Yellowish green mass adherent to testis with multifocal dystrophic calcification
- Pigment laden macrophages, myxoid stroma, squames, lanugo hair, calcification and mesothelial hyperplasia