Table of ContentsDefinition / general | Microscopic (histologic) images | Positive stains | Negative staining
Cite this page: Nonspecific esterase. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://pathologyoutlines.com/topic/stainsnonspecificesterase.html. Accessed August 17th, 2017.
Definition / general
- Also called alpha-naphthyl acetate, alpha-naphthyl butyrate
- Although abbreviation is NSE, is different from neuron specific esterase
- Opposite staining for alpha-naphthyl chloroacetate esterase
- Monocytes (inhibited by sodium fluoride), AML-M4, M5, mature T cells and T-all (cytoplasmic dot), carcinomas, megaloblastic erythrocytes, cytoplasm focally in AML-M7
- AML-M0, M1, M2, M3, ALL (usually)