Small bowel (small intestine)
Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 15 December 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Also called acute phlegmonous jejunitis
● Rare, men and women age 55+ years
● 61 year old man with phlegmonous jejunitis associated with relatively mild strep infection (Scand J Infect Dis 2000;32:421)
● Sharply demarcated bowel mucosal inflammation, often with serosal pus
● Edematous bowel wall, glassy mesentery, enlarged lymph nodes
● Lymphangitis, regional lymphadenitis, abscesses within mesentery
End of Small bowel (small intestine) > Inflammatory disorders > Jejunitis
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).