Table of ContentsDefinition / General | Clinical Images | Micro Description | Differential Diagnosis | Additional References
Cite this page: Lichen nitidus. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://pathologyoutlines.com/topic/skinnontumorlichennitidus.html. Accessed February 19th, 2017.
Definition / General
- Children with asymptomatic, pinpoint, round, flesh-colored papules on trunk, genitalia, abdomen and forearms
- May co-exist with lichen planus
- Epidermis has parakeratosis and atrophy; clawlike pattern of curvilinear, fingerlike extensions and surrounding papillary dermal lymphocytic and histiocytic infiltrate
- Occasionally multinicleate giant cells and parakeratosis; variable dyskeratotic keratinocytes at dermoepidermal junction; minimal lichenoid change
- Lichen planus: has orthohyperkeratosis and acanthosis with sawtooth pattern; positive direct immunofluorescence