Features to report
Reviewer: Adriana Handra-Luca, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 24 January 2013, last major update September 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Tumor histologic type and pattern
● Anatomic site of origin/location, side
● Tumor size
● Tumor histologic grade (for mucoepidermoid carcinoma, adenocarcinoma NOS, malignant mixed tumor, adenoid cystic carcinoma)
● Tumor extension (intra- or extraglandular), to adjacent structures
● Status of resection margins
● Vascular invasion
● Perineural invasion
● Lymph nodes: for each level, number obtained, number involved by tumor, size of largest nodal metastases, presence of extracapsular spread, side, if appropriate: major nerve (e.g. facial) or vessel (e.g. jugular vein), bone, skin involvement
End of Salivary glands > Miscellaneous > Features to report
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).