T cell lymphoma
Reviewer: Adriana Handra-Luca, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 26 January 2013, last major update September 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Includes adult T cell leukemia, angiocentric T cell lymphoma (associted with necrotizing sialometaplasia, Ann Diagn Pathol 2009;13:60), HTLV1 lymphoma, peripheral T cell lymphoma, T/NK cell lymphoma (with hemophagocytic syndrome)
● Very rare
● Parotid, submandibular gland, palate
● May occur post-transplant
● May be EBV+ (in CD56+ cases)
● Associated with Sjogren disease
● 34 year old woman with NK cell lymphoma of parotid gland (ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 2003;65:219)
● 42 year old man with AIDS and parotid gland tumor with NK/T cell phenotype (Arch Pathol Lab Med 2002;126:738)
● 48 yr old woman with HTLV1 related tumor secondary to blood transfusions for menorrhagia (Diagn Cytopathol 2004;31:333)
● 58 year old man with parotid tumor mass (Pathol Int 2012;62:60)
● 66 year old man with neck and pharyngeal masses (Pathol Int 2010;60:326)
● 69 year old man with primary T cell lymphoma resembling MALT (J Clin Pathol 2002;55:61)
● Adult T cell leukemia involving bilateral parotid and submandibular glands (Eur J Haematol 2004;73:332)
● Parotid T cell lymphoma post cardiac transplant (J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2001;59:673)
● Prominent lymphoepithelial lesions similar to those in B cell lymphomas (Hum Pathol 1997;28:238); other features associated with specific diagnosis
NK cell tumor cells with large vesicular nuclei and prominent nucleoli, CD3+, UCHL1+, TIA1+, EBER+ by ISH
Primary T cell lympoma resembling MALT
End of Salivary glands > Lymphomas > T cell lymphoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).