Cite this page: Allergic granulomatous prostatitis. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://pathologyoutlines.com/topic/prostateallergicgranprost.html. Accessed April 25th, 2017.
Definition / General
- Very rare
- Reflects asthma or systemic allergic reaction
- Often associated with serum eosinophilia, systemic granulomas
- Multiple small, necrobiotic granulomas surrounded by numerous eosinophils
- Diffuse stromal eosinophils
- Post-TURP granulomas with eosinophils: absence of systemic manifestations, more irregular granulomas, eosinophils not diffuse