Reviewer: Deepali Jain, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 28 November 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2001-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● 37 year old man with B-ALL and relapse in pancreas (Chin Med J (Engl) 2010;123:3364)
● 62 year old woman with plasma cell leukemia presenting as pancreatic mass (Arch Pathol Lab Med 1993;117:844)
● Man with hairy cell leukemia presenting as peripancreatic mass (Acta Cytol 2012;56:463)
● Two cases of primary granulocytic sarcoma of pancreas (World J Surg Oncol 2012;10:13)
B-ALL, relapse to pancreas, PAX5+
Granulocytic sarcoma (primary) of pancreas (H&E, CD43, CD34, myeloperoxidase)
● Adenocarcinoma: clinical features not typically found in leukemias are older age, jaundice, diabetes mellitus, B symptoms, no history of hematologic malignancy, large tumor size, high CA19-9 level (Am J Clin Pathol 2012;137:414)
End of Pancreas > Other tumors > Leukemia
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).