Cite this page: Jain, D. Castleman disease. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://pathologyoutlines.com/topic/livertumorcastlemansdisease.html. Accessed January 23rd, 2018.
Definition / general
- Uncommon lymphoproliferative disorder involving lymph nodes in one region or systemic
- Also called angiofollicular hyperplasia
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Stellate fibrous scar separates small nodules of disorganized large and clear hepatocytes
- Scar contains hyperplastic follicles with germinal centers, separated by sheets of plasma cells and vessels
- Small lymphocytes are arranged in onion skin pattern around follicles