Table of ContentsDefinition / General | Clinical Features | Case Reports | Gross Description | Micro Description | Micro Images | Additional References
Cite this page: Ossifying renal tumor. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://pathologyoutlines.com/topic/kidneytumorossifying.html. Accessed March 30th, 2017.
Definition / General
- Calcified mass in renal pelvis composed of spindle cells in partially calcified osteoid matrix
- Presents as gross hematuria or abdominal mass; benign behavior
- 8 week and 2 year old children (J Pediatr Urol 2007;3:258)
- 2 - 3 cm polypoid lesion in renal pelvis / collecting system
- Osteoid core surrounded by osteoblasts and spindle cells with focal osteoid matrix