Calcific band keratopathy
Reviewer: Nat Pernick, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 7 October 2013, last major update February 2011
Copyright: (c) 2004-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- Due to chronic inflammation, calcium and phosphate disorders
- May complicate chronic uveitis, especially in patients with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Brown staining material in anterior cornea within palpebral fissure
- Calcium deposition in Bowmanís layer and superficial corneal stroma
- May be associated pannus formation
Calcium deposition in superficial stroma
- Calcium (von Kossa stain)
End of Eye > Cornea > Calcific band keratopathy
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected]
with any questions (click here for other