Reviewer: Elliot Weisenberg, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 14 June 2013, last major update January 2013
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- Very rare
- Usually periampullary and solitary
- Neuroectodermal and neuroendocrine differentiation; nests of epithelioid cells with interspersed ganglion cells
- Epithelioid cells: CAM 5.2, chromogranin, synaptophysin
- Ganglion cells: S100, neurofilament
- Spindle cells: S100, neurofilament, GFAP
End of Esophagus > Benign tumors > Gangliocytic paraganglioma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected]
with any questions (click here for other