Cite this page: Cytology/Competency Assessment - Hematopoietic Tumors. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://pathologyoutlines.com/topic/cnscytologycomphemtumors.html. Accessed January 20th, 2017.
Medical Knowledge, Practice Based Learning and Systems Based Practice
- Primary CNS Lymphoma (PCNSL)
- Recognize trends in the incidence of PCNSL and those patient populations at greatest risk for its occurrence
- Recognize typical anatomic locations for PCNSL and its radiologic features
- Learn the prognosis for PCNSL and treatment options to prolong patient survival
- Recognize cytomorphologic findings of PCNSL, the most prevalent subtype encountered and the frequency of tumor cell positivity for Epstein Barr virus-RNA