Table of ContentsDefinition / General | Case Reports | Micro Description | Micro Images | Cytology Description | Positive Stains | Negative Stains | Differential Diagnosis | Additional References
Cite this page: Mesonephric rests / remnants. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://pathologyoutlines.com/topic/cervixmesonephricrest.html. Accessed April 24th, 2017.
Definition / General
- Remnants of mesonephric (Wolffian) ducts which form the epididymis and vas deferens in males, present in 1/3 of women
- Unrelated to symptoms that cause excision of tissue; usually no clinical mass (Am J Surg Pathol 1990;14:1100)
- Dilated tubules of cuboidal cells with eosinophilic secretions, surrounded by endocervical stroma
- May undergo atypical hyperplastic changes or malignant change
- Adenocarcinoma: involves overlying endocervical mucosa, invasive, has stromal response and cytologic atypia, no lobular pattern, no intraluminal eosinophilic material