Table of ContentsDefinition / General | Case Reports | Micro Description | Micro Images | Positive Stains
Cite this page: Glial polyp. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://pathologyoutlines.com/topic/cervixglialpolyp.html. Accessed April 27th, 2017.
Definition / General
- Very rare; "<100" cases reported
- Benign but may recur up to 5 years layer
- May be due to implantation of fetal brain tissue at curettage / abortion (Obstet Gynecol 1983;61:261), overgrowth of teratoma, ectopic glial tissue or neoplastia of mullerian origin
- 50 year old woman with vaginal bleeding "(Case of the Week #135) "
- Discrete polypoid lesion of endocervix
- Moderately cellular glial containing bland astrocytes surround endocervical glands and invade storm
- Astrocytes are evenly spaced, have long radiating processes, no atypica, no biotic figures