Cite this page: Endosalpingiosis. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://pathologyoutlines.com/topic/cervixendosalpingiosis.html. Accessed April 27th, 2017.
Definition / General
- Glands lined by ciliated tubal type epithelium
- Typically affects pelvic and abdominal peritoneum, usually as an incidental microscopic finding but may be associated with ovarian serous neoplasms
- Benign but may have atypical epithelial changes
- Rarely forms a cystic mass florid cystic endosalpingiosis, (Hum Pathol 2002;33:944, Am J Surg Pathol 1999;23:166)
- May have psammoma bodies (J Reprod Med 2000;45:526)