Table of ContentsDefinition / General | Case Reports | Cytology Description | Positive Stains | Differential Diagnosis
Cite this page: Paget disease. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://pathologyoutlines.com/topic/cervixcytologypagets.html. Accessed April 25th, 2017.
Definition / General
- Extramammary Paget disease of vulva is rare; ~ 2% of vulvar neoplasms (Diagn Cytopathol 2005;32:353)
- Infrequently involves cervix and vagina and can be detected on pap smears
- 78 year old woman with extensive disease detected by pap smear (Arch Pathol Lab Med 1988;112:941)
- Large cells with high N/C ratio, round nuclei, large nucleoli, clumped chromatin and occasional large cytoplasmic vacuoles
- Alsp pseudocannibalism, signet ring cells