Table of ContentsDefinition / general | Epidemiology | Etiology | Case reports | Treatment | Cytology description | Cytology images
Cite this page: Cervix - CMV. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://pathologyoutlines.com/topic/cervixcytologycmv.html. Accessed June 22nd, 2017.
Definition / general
- Uncommon condition in cervix
- CMV is a DNA virus and member of herpes virus family
- No treatment in healthy people
- Involvement of glandular and squamous cells
- Cellular enlargement, nuclear enlargement and large nuclear inclusion surrounded by a halo "owl’s eye"
- Occasionally smaller nuclear or cytoplasmic inclusions
- Multinucleation with no nuclear molding