Cite this page: CD201. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://pathologyoutlines.com/topic/cdmarkerscd201.html. Accessed October 24th, 2017.
Definition / general
- Binds protein C in a calcium-dependent manner
- Aka Endothelial Protein C Receptor (EPC R), protein C receptor
- Protein C is a vitamin K dependent enzyme with major role in coagulation of blood; activated when thrombin binds to thrombomodulin on endothelium.
- Mutations in CD201 and thrombomodulin associated with late fetal loss; similar mutation associated with venous thromboembolism and myocardial infarction
Positive staining - normal
- Endothelial cells (not in liver and kidney)