Cite this page: Treatment effect - Radiation therapy. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://pathologyoutlines.com/topic/breastmalignanttreatmenteffectradiation.html. Accessed March 29th, 2017.
- 57 year old woman with radiation induced morphea (J Med Case Rep 2008;2:136)
- Giant tumor cells with bizarre nuclear changes (J Clin Pathol 1990;43:152), naked nuclei and abnormal mitotic figures
- Extensive tumor necrosis demarcated by thick fibrous walls
- Changes in nonneoplastic breast include atypia, lobular sclerosis and atrophy (may distort lobular architecture and obscure myoepithelial cells, Hum Pathol 1984;15:545), intimal thickening in small muscular arteries (Radiother Oncol 2009;92:477) and fat necrosis, but usually no mitotic activity or loss of polarity
- Changes do not regress over time (Am J Surg Pathol 2004;28:47)
Images hosted on PathOut server:
Images hosted on other servers: