Cite this page: Ductal carcinoma, NOS - mixed type carcinoma. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://pathologyoutlines.com/topic/breastmalignantductalNOSmixedtype.html. Accessed July 25th, 2017.
Definition / general
- Part of WHO classification
- Ductal NOS: > 50% must have non specialized pattern
- Mixed type carcinoma: 10 - 49% of tumor has ductal NOS pattern and remainder has a special pattern
- Mixed types are either mixed ductal and special type or mixed ductal and lobular carcinoma
- For special types with good prognosis when pure, mixed tumors often have intermediate prognosis between special type and ductal NOS