University of Arizona College of Medicine
Banner University Medical Group
TUCSON, ARIZONA (USA).
The Department of Pathology at the University of Arizona College of Medicine and Banner University Medical Group
has a faculty position for an Academic Physician to lead the Division of Gynecologic Pathology and provide
diagnostic expertise in Surgical Pathology and Cytopathology at Banner University Medical Center Tucson
(BUMCT). The academic rank (associate professor, or professor) and salary will depend on the qualifications and
experience of the candidate. The Faculty of the Department of Pathology plays a key role in supporting the mission of
the College of Medicine to bring about better health and improve the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases
for the people of Arizona and beyond through education, research and patient care.
The successful candidate will combine teaching and clinical activities and provide leadership to the Gynecologic
Pathology Division at BUMCT, a 463-bed general medical and surgical facility with more than 25,000 admissions,
70,000 ED visits and 14,000 inpatient and outpatient surgeries annually. BUMCT is a level I trauma center and also
home to an NCI-designated Cancer Center.
In addition to the role in the Gynecologic Pathology Division, you will also participate in various diagnostic areas of
Pathology, and provide intraoperative/frozen section service coverage as well as night and weekend anatomic
pathology call. The candidate hired will support the gynecologic pathology rotation for pathology residents, and share
other teaching responsibilities with the rest of the Pathology faculty, including didactic lectures and teaching
conferences for residents and medical students. Excellent clinical, administrative, communication, organization,
interpersonal and leadership skills are required.
• Board Certified in Anatomic Pathology
• Board Certified/Eligible in Gynecologic Pathology and/or Cytopathology
• Hold or be eligible for State of Arizona Medical License
• 3 years clinical practice experience in the field of Gynecologic Pathology
• Specialized expertise in an additional area of Pathology (areas of interest may include Cytopathology and
• Track record of academic accomplishments including peer-reviewed publications
• Demonstrated interest in teaching
• Monday through Friday
• Shared Anatomic Pathology call rotation, weekend and evenings. Can be taken from home but may come in
to perform intraoperative consultations and review urgent/STAT cases
We offer a generous salary and benefits. Please submit your letter of interest and CV for immediate
consideration, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, call Karen Height, Sourcing Director, at:
970-810-2075. Visit our website at: www.bannerdocs.com. EOE.
[29 July 2016, #5608]