Last revised 21 July 2017
The history, purpose and vision of PathologyOutlines.com
The purpose of this website is to provide useful professional information to practicing pathologists and laboratory personnel, in 15 seconds or less.
- Access to the website is absolutely free. The website is entirely supported by advertising.
- The website pages are full text searchable, either by using the search features of your browser, or the Search box on our Home page.
- PathologyOutlines.com does not require registration, and does not ask for personal information to gain access to the features of the website. Furthermore, PathologyOutlines.com does not make any personal information available to advertisers, unless visitors ask for contact from specific companies.
- Special attention to text formatting makes the website easy to navigate, using a minimal number of clicks.
Specific features for the pathologist community
- A regularly updated, comprehensive online textbook of surgical and clinical pathology, with extensive links to images (gross, microscopic, clinical and others), virtual slides and references. Chapters including clinical and surgical pathology topics, as well as separate listings for CD Markers and Immunohistochemical and other Stains. We link only to images that do not require registration to view, and to virtual slides that do not require plug-ins. We also prefer references with free full text with no registration / login, which are listed in dark green. Our goal is to update each chapter every 2 years. Newly updated chapters are reviewed independently by the Author, and as available, by a member of our Editorial Board.
- A list of pathologist / PhD and other laboratory Job ads, organized by location and subspecialty, with separate lists of recently posted jobs, part-time or locums jobs, PhD jobs and open pathology residency slots.
- A regularly updated and extensive list of pathology related Conferences, organized by date, subspecialty, location and organization, with links for further information.
- A regularly updated and extensive list of pathology related Fellowships, organized by date (for new openings), subspecialty and location, with links for further information.
- A regularly updated and extensive list of pathology related Books, organized by date posted, publisher, book series and subspecialty, with an author / title search, and a list of top sellers. Some books are also posted on the main page of appropriate textbook chapters.
- Case of the Week emails include a clinical history, images and a short discussion with references. All cases are listed by case number (with and without diagnosis) and by subspecialty (with and without diagnosis).
- Our Buyers Guide lists information about advertisers who have specific pathology related products. Contact information is included.
- Our New Products and Services page provides announcements about new products and services of interest to the pathology community. Contact information is included.
- We highlight corporate advertisers with specific products and services every month. We also provide corporate Product Questionnaires so you can compare and contrast products offered by various companies and labs.
- We have 5 email subscriptions (you must request them, but there is no charge), including Case of the Week (three times per month), new postings for Jobs, Fellowships, Conferences / webinars, CME and New Products (biweekly), updates (visit our Blog) about the website (monthly), What's New in various subspecialties, and a Promotions and Commercial Emails to help you learn of the latest product and services being offered.
- The opportunity to advertise Jobs, Fellowships and Conferences / webinars for a one time, reasonable fee. Rapid postings and excellent customer service are part of the package.
- Non-offensive advertisements from companies providing products and services to the pathology community.
As a PathologyOutlines.com customer, you should expect nothing less than the best possible service every time you deal with one of us, whether in person, on the telephone, via email or if you are simply a frequent visitor to our website. Our aim is to build a long-term relationship with you. The foundation of this relationship is our Service Commitment - to anticipate and exceed your expectations.
This website, which began in August 2001, is owned and managed by Nat Pernick, M.D., an AP/CP board certified pathologist who has worked with computers since 1974.