Last revised 27 February 2015
The purpose of this website is to provide useful professional information to practicing pathologists and laboratory personnel, in 15 seconds or less.
Specific features for the pathologist community
- Access to the website is absolutely free. The website is entirely supported by advertising.
- The website pages are full-text searchable, either by using the search features of your browser, or the Search boxes on our Home page.
- PathologyOutlines.com does not require registration, and does not ask for personal information to gain access to the features of the website. Furthermore, PathologyOutlines.com does not make any personal information available to advertisers, unless visitors ask for contact from specific companies.
- Special attention to text formatting makes the website easy to navigate, using a minimal number of clicks.
To learn how you can help support the website, click here.
- A regularly updated, comprehensive online textbook of surgical and clinical pathology, with extensive links to images (gross, microscopic, clinical and others), virtual slides and references. Chapters include clinical and surgical pathology topics, as well as separate listings for CD Markers and Immunohistochemical and other Stains. The Website Statistics page (click the button at the top of the Home Page), lists for each chapter the date of the most recent update, the current number of pages (text only), and the number of image and reference links. We link only to images that do not require registration to view, and to virtual slides that do not require plug-ins. We also prefer references with free full text with no registration/login, which are listed in dark green. Our goal is to update the most popular chapters once a year, and other chapters every 2 years. The chapters are based on material listed under "Primary references" for each chapter. Newly updated chapters are reviewed independently by the Author and possible personal Editor listed at the top of the chapter as well as any Editorial Board reviews.
- A list of pathologist/PhD job ads, organized by location and subspecialty, with separate lists of recently posted jobs, part-time or locums jobs, PhD jobs and open pathology residency slots. Job related advice from other pathologists is also posted on this page. We also list other laboratory job openings by location, type of position, date, and most recently posted.
- A regularly updated, extensive list of pathology related conferences, organized by date, subspecialty and location, with links to further information.
- A regularly updated and extensive list of pathology-related fellowships, organized by date (for new openings), subspecialty and location, with links to further information.
- A regularly updated, extensive list of pathology-related books, organized by subspecialty and author, with recently published titles, top sellers and favorites posted separately. We also provide various Publishers Pages, as an easy way to find books from your favorite publishers. Some books are also posted on the main page of appropriate clinical and surgical chapters.
- Case of the Week emails with images and references, by case number with and without diagnosis and by category (i.e. GI, hematopathology). These are permanently posted for easy access to past cases that may have relevance for visitors.
- Our Buyer's guide lists information about advertisers who have specific pathology-related products. Contact information is included.
- Our New Products and Services Page provides announcements about new products and services of interest to the pathology community. Contact information is included.
- We offer a monthly Feature Page, to highlight corporate advertisers with specific products and services. Along with the Feature Pages, we offer Product Questionnaires so that pathologists can compare and contrast products offered by various companies.
- Email subscription service for Case of the Week, Pathologist/PhD jobs (biweekly), Other Laboratory jobs (biweekly), Fellowships (biweekly), Conferences (biweekly) updates about the website (monthly) and new books (monthly).
- The opportunity to advertise Jobs, Fellowships, Conferences and Webinars for a one time, reasonable fee. Rapid postings and excellent customer service are part of the package.
- Non offensive advertisements from companies providing products and services to the pathology community.
As a PathologyOutlines.com customer, you should expect nothing less than the best possible service every time you deal with one of our representatives in person, by letter, on the telephone, via email or if you are simply a frequent visitor to our website. Our aim is to build a long-term relationship with you. The foundation of this relationship is our Service Commitment - to anticipate and exceed your expectations. Our Service Commitment sets out the standards that our customers can expect from PathologyOutlines.com and that we demand of ourselves.
When you call us:
A person is always available during business hours to answer phone calls.
We will attempt to return phone calls within a reasonable time.
We promise to contact people who we have met with if agreed to.
Our Email Standards:
We promise not to spam you.
We promise to return personal emails within a reasonable time if not spam.
We will NEVER sell your name.
Our Online Standards:
We do not allow popups.
We do not gather information on our visitors.
We have all of our contact information listed on our website.
We are honest about the nature of our organization.
This website, which began in August 2001, is owned and managed by Nat Pernick, M.D., an AP/CP board certified pathologist who has worked with computers since 1974. He welcomes your comments and suggestions about the website by telephone to 248/646-0325 or email to NatPernick@hotmail.com. Unfortunately, we cannot answer questions about your personal situation, specific medical conditions, research related issues, etc.
Articles about our website
June 2005, Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine: Talmon: "The Internet for pathologists: a simple schema for evaluating pathology-related Web sites and a catalog of sites useful for practicing pathologists";
Arch Pathol Lab Med 2005;129:742
(rates various websites, including ours)
September 2004, APIII conference, E-poster, Honorable Mention: Link expired.
July 2004, CAP Today, page 137 (by Seth Haber): "Several Web sites are devoted to the needs of pathologists in teaching, training, job seeking, and practice. One of the most useful I've found,
is an obvious labor of love by Nat Pernick, MD, of Bingham Farms, Mich., using the University of Iowa's Web site. It includes most of an updatable, 41-chapter online/outline textbook, with a lot of good illustrations, references, and links."
January 2004, Advances in Anatomic Pathology:
Patholgy and the Internet (PDF file), with permission of the publisher. Please click on the Advances'
for more information about this journal.
October 2002, APIII conference, E-Poster: Link expired.
Contact us for website related issues:
DO NOT contact us with personal questions about medical conditions, research, getting a job, etc.
Nat Pernick, M.D., President
30100 Telegraph Road, Suite 408
Bingham Farms, MI 48025 (USA)
End of About Us